As a mum you know how busy a normal day can be but it’s going to be advantageous to spend some quality time with your child enjoying art. Not only will your tiny tot grow to love mixing colours and creating his own masterpieces but he’ll also refine some of his other skills that will improve his academic performance once he enters the school setting. Even if your child is currently enrolled in school, he can sharpen his skills for learning as he spends fun time with you and develops his appreciation for art. Let’s look at some of the benefits your child will receive as he works with paints, materials, and projects that revolve around art.
- Your child will develop his creativity. When he can select the colours for his masterpiece and combine them to make an interesting design, he learns the value of thinking on his own and working with his own perspective toward a goal. In fact, the more he practices creativity the better skill set he will have to navigate the rigours of the school environment.
- You’ll see an increase in your child’s confidence. The more success that your child experiences the more confidence he will have as he faces challenges. He will become sure of his thinking, or his methods for finding solutions, and in his delivery of a finished product that is pleasing.
- One of the most important benefits of participating in art activities is the problem solving skills that your child will develop. He will learn how to express himself in his artwork and will learn how to solve problems by reasoning his way through the decision-making process. Learning how to effectively solve a problem is necessary to be successful in any job that he chooses.
- Participating in art will teach your child to persevere toward a finished project. This will be extremely valuable when a long homework assignment is due; your child will know that he needs to work hard to complete the job. He will have experienced the satisfaction of sticking to his plan of action and the rewards of successfully completing a task.
- Your child will learn to focus on the art project at hand even with distractions surrounding him. This key skill will help him to work with his hands and listen attentively as he works which will be a valuable tool in his classroom. He will be able to multi-task while he concentrates on his art and focuses on the next step that he needs to make.
You can begin this wonderful adventure with your child by providing him with quality materials that will capture his interest and prompt him to begin to create projects that develop many of the same skill sets that he’ll need in the world of work later in life. Visiting the website Jacksonart will provide you with not only art sets that contain beautiful colours and brushes but also books that you can use to find projects to do together.
Teaching your child about the beauty and importance of art will help to make his future more successful in both the school environment and the business world.
Image courtesy of: FreeDigitalPhotos.net stockimages