Asian Style Panacotta with Bent on Food
I was fortunate enough to attend the Vietnamese cooking class at the Bent on Food Cookery School. I promised I would share some of the delicious recipes and this was one of my favourites.
This Asian Style Panacotta is the brain child of Bent On Food Cookery School owner, Donna Carrier. Not a fan of most Vietnamese desserts, Donna adopted the commonly used ingredients of coconut milk, pineapple juice and mint to come up with her own little ray of sunshine...
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
1/2 cup caster sugar
2.5 teaspoons of gelatine powder
6 leaves of fresh mint, finely chopped
1 orange, finely segmented
1. In a large bowl, whisk coconut cream to ensure it is not separated, add pineapple juice and sugar and mix well.
2. Cook gently on stove top until just boiling, do not over-boil.
3. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatine over 2 tablespoons of boiling water and stir until dissolved, cool slightly, add to mixture and combine.
4. Lightly grease small panacotta moulds with spray cooking oil.
5. In the base of each mould place a thin slither of orange and a sprinkle of mint. Pour mixture in leaving a small amount of space at the top.
6. Refrigerate for several hours or for confident results, overnight.
7. When preparing to serve, release the suction of the panacotta by gently pulling the edges back from the mould with a slide of your finger across the surface from one side to the other. Release all of the edges before turning out.
The Bent on Food Cookery School is located in the historic town of Wingham on the Mid North Coast of New South Wales in Australia. The School offers a range of courses including cheese making, barista courses, children's classes and more.
If having a meal prepared for you is more your style then head toward Bent on Food, the multi-award winning cafe, with fabulous coffee, beautiful breakfasts and tasty lunches that celebrate local produce. The experience is only made better by a short stroll up the road to Bent on Life, the beautiful home-wares store.
Can't get to Wingham? That's ok, they're online! Click here to check out the beautiful range of home-wares at Bent on Life and here to find the Bent on Food gourmet food range.