How does your morning routine run?
Do you sleep to the last possible minute, hit the snooze button three times before leaping from the bed like a ninja screaming at everyone to get up?
Do you run around trying to find clothing, wielding an ironing board with a toddler between your legs?
Are you yelling orders like army general only no-one seems to be listening?
When you walk out the door does it look like a tornado swept through your house?
If this sounds familiar you might benefit from some of these useful tips:
- Iron clothes before the week begins. If you can't, make sure they are done the night before.
- Wash clothes and hang on the line or airing rack the night before or place clothes in the washing machine and add powder ready to turn on in the morning.
- Partially prepare lunch boxes the night before, this includes drink bottles, fill and refrigerate or freeze.
- Ensure school bags are ready the night before including homework, permission notes etc.
- Lay out breakfast bowls, cereal and utensils the night before.
- Rise early enough to get yourself ready and indulge in a coffee before the kids wake.
- Set a routine for the kids. Create a chart of responsibility. Let them tick off the tasks as they are done eg make bed, get dressed, have breakfast, brush teeth, feed pets. When all tasks are complete they are rewarded with a sticker, or a week of completed tasks equals pocket money.
- No television before school! Or no television until all tasks are complete.
Click here for your free MY MORNING TASKS for Boys Printable.
Click here for your free MY MORNING TASKS for Girls Printable.
Have a calm chaos free week!