Lamb would have to be my favourite meat, but it's not always affordable. Here is a cheap and easy way to enjoy a budget cut of lamb using your slow cooker.
6 lamb neck chops
2 onions, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 packet of French Onion Soup Mix
1 425g tin of crushed tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of plain flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Turn slow cooker on to low.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a medium fry pan and cook garlic and onion until soft. Place in slow cooker. Add French Onion Soup Mix and one cup of warm water and stir until combined.
3. Lightly coat lamb neck chops in plain flour. Add remaining oil to fry pan and brown chops on both sides. Place in slow cooker.
4. Add tomatoes and carrots and gently combine all ingredients.
5. Cook on low for four hours, stirring occasionally. Before serving add salt and pepper to taste.
I'm linking up with Mummy's Undeserved Blessings