My mother has been making this for years. It's commonly requested as a birthday treat. Last night wasn't my birthday, in fact, I was home alone with the baby. I figured it was a good opportunity to do some cooking for the blog - yeah, that's why I made it...
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup self raising flour
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence / extract
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cocoa
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Lightly grease a round cake tin or small glass baking dish.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
3. Place mixture into the baking pan / dish.
4. Combine sauce ingredients and stir until dissolved.
5. Gently pour over the cake mixture.
6. Bake for 35 mins.
7. Serve immediately with a generous serve of ice-cream and a dollop of fresh cream.
8. Bliss out :-)